Wednesday, February 5, 2014

From Glum to Glam: The Dresser

I just completed a really fun project! Our client, Melissa, hired me to refinish her plain dresser into something with a little more excitement.  This is what we started with:


I had already started begun disassembling the mirror and the original legs when the above photo was taken...and as you may notice it's actually sitting upside down!  :-)  

After everything was disassembled and the hardware was removed, I sprayed the dresser, the drawers and the awesome new feet with white primer.






They were all then sprayed with the color of Melissa's choice...turquoise! Man, was I excited when she chose such a beautiful color!


Next...what to do with the drawers?  I wanted to do something fun and a bit more unique than just leaving them plain or painting them a complimentary color, so I went with a lace treatment that came out really pretty!










I found some beautiful drawer pulls to replace the old ones so I gave them a paint treatment to match, as well.












Once all of those steps were completed, I distressed and stained everything, and finished the project by putting on a few coats of Min Wax Wipe-On Polyurethane.


And this...is the final result!



 Thanks for stopping by!  Feel free to post a comment...I'd love to
hear from you!


No comments:

Post a Comment